Wednesday 25 November 2009

Moving on

I've not written anything here for a little while because there have been some developments that have kept me away from Japanese...

I've been interviewed for, and negotiating a contract, which would involve me travelling away from home.  A little company needs someone to help them set up a manufacturing operation, and I was in the right place at the right time.

Trouble is, it's the wrong place for Japanese - I couldn't be at home on a Wednesday.

I'm not going to stop learning though - I've come too far, and I need that GCSE.  I've been talking tonight about whether I can take part in lessons using a webcam or something. 

Getting the content of the lessons is one thing, but what will be hard to get will be interaction with my new Nihongo-friends, being able to gauge exactly how far behind I am from how the others are doing, swapping stories and titbits of information.  One possibility is getting together in something like Second Life - some have been meeting up with Japanese people there, and there has been talk of us setting up a Japanese club.

What I am going to do though is start writing more here about what I'm doing Nihongo-wise, what I understand and what I don't.  I'm thinking that at least I can get my Sensei on here giving me feedback, and at most I can get some interaction with my tomodachi (is that plaural and singular at the same time?). (Konbanwa tomodachi-san).

We did Adjectives again this evening, and the -TE form (used for present tense and imperfect), and had our first wad of Kanji and Hiragana sheets.  I'll post more on the content of the lessons so far in the next few days.  It'll serve to be a summary of the first term of Japanese GCSE (which ends next week).  Then I'll start posting on the lessons I'm doing.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment